Me!

Me!
Nice to meet you!

About Me

My photo
I am 45 years old, Married to Sean for nearly 20 years and have 3 lovely children Hope is 16, Jack is 12 and Joe is 6.

Monday 14 June 2010

Why now?

Well, I suppose it's for these reasons (and no doubt many more I'll think of after I've posted):

1 - there was no such thing as blogs when I was 19 ha ha (How old do I feel?!) I don't even think there was email and DEFINATELY no facebook!

2- I still live with the consequences of the misdiagnosis day in day out on a physical and psychological level it's never over

3- there are MANY people who have cancer and thankfully a good number who survive but very few in my situation who are diagnosed with it, treated for it but are then told all the treatment was unnecessary and they never had it. I have to undergo long term follow up monitoring and treatment for life due to the grievous treatment I received, just like those who did have and have been treated for the condition. Maybe one day this will help someone in a similar situation to me (although I do hope there are not many others out there)

4- contrary to some peoples beliefs NO amount of money - compensation - can bring back my leg and the life I should have had. That doesn't mean I'm not happy with my life now and don't appreciate what I have.

5- it's not just me that is affected but my family, friends and my children, people tend to forget this.

6- Doctors who have been proven to make mistakes such as they did with me should NOT still be practising! It's not right, you couldn't get away with it in any other job so why does the NHS protect these people. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Well there we are rant over :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment